Shrimp (I used wild caught tiger prawns)
- 2 cans of Coconut milk
- 3 tbsp red curry paste (more depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 head of broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 pkg Glass noodles
- Start by lightly sautéing you broccoli and onions until the broccoli becomes slightly tender.
- Add the coconut milk, garlic and curry paste stirring constantly until the paste is completely incorporated. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer while you prep your shrimp and noodles.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions.
- Peel, devain, and clean your shrimp. I usually chop you prawns because they’re quite large and I personally having a piece of prawn in every bite works best in a soup type dish.
- Add you raw prawns into the simmering soup. The prawns will cook in about 3-4 mins.
- To serve I placed the noodles in a bowl then laddled the soup on top then garnished with fresh bean sprouts.
That’s it! It’s simple. It’s delicious. It comforting just how food should be.
You can manipulate this recipe easily. You could substitute the shrimp with chicken or use green curry paste instead. Pork would be great with green curry. If you want more spice try adding some red pepper flakes. You could also try adding a red eye or habanero chili. Sirachi if you prefer to keep it tamed.
When your recipe calls for broccoli florets don’t throw away the stem. The stem is the most tender part of the broccoli and it is flavorful. Reserving the stem to make broccoli pasta. It’s healthier than regular pasta and it’s delicious. I use my spiralizer but a vegetable peeler or julienner would work as well.